- The Ice-dance.com (IDC) website was started in June of 1999 as a joint effort between Daphne Backman and Emma Abraham. Currently, IDC is administered by Daphne Backman and Melanie Heaney.
- The IDC Staff (or Team IDC) consists of journalists, photographers, and technical wizards who have graciously volunteered their services to IDC.
EVENT COVERAGE & PHOTOGRAPHY
- IDC has been providing event coverage, including reports and photographs, since 2003.
- Photographs are presented in editorial galleries, as well as appearing as highlights in IDC feature articles and event reports.
- All IDC photos contain the ice-dance.com watermark that includes the photographer’s name. Do NOT remove the watermark from photos.
- Photographs on ice-dance.com, including those in the gallery, are copyrighted to the respective photographers and may not be used in any way without the expressed written consent of the photographer and Ice-dance.com. If permission is granted, the IDC logo watermark with the photographer’s name must NOT be removed. This includes, but is not limited to:
- use on any other websites, including professional or personal blogs/Tumblrs
- in magazines and newspapers (both online and paper format)
- promotional materials for shows or events
- Ice-dance.com does not sell action photos to skaters & families when an official event photographer is present. To purchase photos from most competitions, please contact the official photographer.
REQUEST FOR USE OF PHOTOGRAPHS
- If you would like to use a photo that appears on IDC on another website, in a magazine or newspaper (both online and paper format), or in promotional materials, please contact IDC at [email protected].
- Requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, with preference given to skaters who wish to feature IDC-copyrighted photos on their official websites.
- IDC and its photographers retain the right to deny the use, reproduction, and dissemination of its copyrighted photographs.
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
- Please contact Team IDC at [email protected] regarding use of photos on social media.